Emerge seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective and ethical political leadership. Criteria for selection include:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- interest in pursuing political office
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- ability and desire to build effective networks
- ability to articulate a personal political vision
- demonstrated ability to inspire others
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
Applicants must be a registered Democratic women.
Each Emerge program will select between 20-25 women from their state who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.